Emirates have informally announced a full embargo of all Live Animals globally. More information to follow shortly.
What’s going on? – September Emirates Price Increase Relating to all Flights in their Network.
Who else is pinching themselves in disbelief that we are nearing the 9th month of this year? Is it just us or is this the longest/shortest/weirdest year EVER? With a steady stream of flights, an increase in flight routings and the opening of local travel, what is the one thing we wish 2020 could bypass?
ANNUAL PRICE INCREASES!
This year undoubtedly has placed a strain on all our pockets. Companies around the world have been finding ways to remain operational with a limitation to both staff and resources.
Did you know – Emirates became the first Airline Carrier to conduct onsite COVID-19 testing for travellers.
As of 1st of September 2020 Emirates will be announcing their price increase on flights for live animal travel. Emirates is currently the only viable option for pets travelling to Australia and New Zealand and clients planning to travel to this region should expect a drastic increase in costings to these regions.
QUESTION: What happens to my existing costing?
- When an airline introduces a new charge, they reserve the right to implement this immediately or at a specified date. It is irrelevant if a booking is already in place with the airline before this date, the billing by the airline will reflect any new charges at the date of departure of the pet.
QUESTION: If Emirates is my only option for travel, what do you recommend as an alternative for travelling to Australia and New Zealand?
- Currently, flights to Australia and NZ are limited to Emirates, Qantas will be returning to the skies only in November 2020. Clients can discuss options with their consultants to wait for an alternative airline carrier in the next 3 months. Your consultant will keep you updated on flight carriers and routing that do become available in the next few months.
Options to fly to Australia and New Zealand are:
- Singapore Airlines – CURRENTLY NO AVI TRAVEL
- Qantas – FULL EMBARGO UNTIL NOVEMBER 2020
- Qatar – FULLY BOOKED WITH CARGO TO MELBOURNE UNTIL MID-OCTOBER AND CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING LIVE ANIMAL BOOKINGS.
At PETport, we respect all airline carriers and their pricing strategies relating to remaining operational during 2020. We understand that with limited flights to certain regions that clients may feel abandoned with zero options. Our PETport team, we will ensure clients always remain updated and informed on all pet industry-related news.