Seasonal Allergies are not only for us humans but also for our dear Kitties!
Kitties experience reactions to allergens mainly in their skin and coat. You may notice your kitty excessively scratching, chewing, or biting their skin. There may be open sores, lesions, scabbing, hair loss, or redness on the chin, paws, anus, or mouth. In some cases, your kitty may experience sneezing, head shaking, and may have a runny nose, red eyes, and coughing.
- Your Vet may have some supplements and medications they recommend that could help these seasonal allergies.
- Bathe your cat to wash all allergens out: however, take care not to bathe too often as this can lead to dry skin and increased irritation.
- Wipe down Kittie’s fur with a warm wet washcloth to remove any surface irritants.
- Make sure to keep your home clean by vacuuming and washing your floors with non-toxic cleaners.
- Use dust-free cat litter
- Wash your cat’s bedding regularly.
- Avoid smoking around your pets or strong sprays and perfumes!